1) We will have had the October 2017 Guild Meeting. Hopefully you attended!
2) The Board of Trustees for Glendale College will have had their October 2017 Meeting. Hopefully you will have attended and wore your Blue Shirt and you filled out a Speaker’s Card and asked an extremely hard question of the board members.
3) You will have received a Guild Ballot on Ratification of the assorted tentative agreements and the proposed wage increase. You should get one in your campus mailbox, if you are a Guild Member. If you did not get one, then perhaps you are not a Guild Member. If in doubt, please fill out a New Blue Membership Form, which can be found in a file on the wall of the mailroom on the Main Campus, and place it in the Guild’s Mailbox in the Mailroom on the Main Campus. Please vote! The more votes that are cast, the more power we as Members of the Guild have!
4) You will have been asked to submit Contract Reopeners for the upcoming 2018 -2020 Contract.
Please submit as many as you would like, as we have an unlimited number of reopeners this time. We will be reviewing your suggested reopeners at the November Guild Meeting.
1) Ballot results on the Ratification Ballots will be announced.
2) Campus Equity Week will be starting. It will be from October 30 until November 3, 2017. Please plan on being a part of it.
3) Your Sick Leave and Personal Necessity Hours are supposed to be updated on your November 1, 2017 paycheck.
As we go forward I am looking for ways to make Glendale College a better place for everyone to work. With that being said, I would like to refer you to an article from the Guardian Newspaper in the U.K. that talks about Adjuncts here in the United States and some of the interesting ways Adjuncts Make Ends Meet! I think this article will both horrify you and inspire you!
Please cast your votes on Ratification and submit ideas for Reopeners.
Thanks again for reading! Please contact me if you have questions, concerns or ideas.
|Glendale College Guild