A topic description is a document that outlines the topic you intend to research and the approach you intend to take both to the topic and to the research itself. It does not have to be more than a paragraph or two, but it should provide the following specific information:
• Define the general topic you have chosen in relation to the assignment.
• Define the specific approach you intend to take in relation to that topic.
• Provide examples that show you have a basic familiarity with the topic you intend to explore.
• Provide details on the preliminary research that led you to your topic of interest.
• Provide a list of search terms