Skip to Main Content
Staying Connected with the Guild
by Emily D Haraldson
President, Glendale College Guild
Two words: GET INVOLVED!
There are many ways to be connected with the Guild on all levels:
- Come to membership meetings. Membership meetings are held every 3rd Tuesday from 12:20-1:30 p.m. offered Hyflex in Kreider Hall (SR 138) and via Zoom.
- VOTE in our elections! We have 14 (fourteen!!!) tentative agreements and side letters to approve between 11/23 and 12/7, including FREE HEALTHCARE for PT faculty and their families! Information about voting will go out soon! Please check your personal email addresses (especially those spam folders) for the ballot coming from Election Buddy and please let Maite Peterson, Guild Elections Committee Chair, know if you did not receive a link to vote.
- Recruit your fellow colleagues in your divisions and departments. Here’s a link to the online Membership Form.
- Become a Guild Liaison for your division. Contact our Guild Liaison Coordinator, Joel Weiss, to find out more.
- Join a California Federation of Teachers committee.
- Become a delegate for the next CFT Convention in March 2023. I will be calling for delegates at our February 21st membership meeting.
- Join CFT Community College Council and State Council meetings as a guest.
- Run for a position on the Guild Executive Committee. Nominations for all positions except Public Information Officer will be open at our first Spring semester membership meeting, February 21st. You can find the RTEP and descriptions of the positions on our Sharepoint page (and you don’t have to be on a campus computer to access it). Click on “Handbook” and you can find the descriptions of positions in the Constitution and the RTEP in the By-Laws.
Beyond the above ways in which you can stay connected and get involved, Guild leadership is asking for all members who are available to join our Budget Accountability Campaign on Thursday, 12/8 from 12:20-1:30 by attending the return of the Budget Committee meetings – it’s the first one in many months. We will rally our members 10 minutes before the meeting starts – a separate Zoom link will be sent out soon. Here are the guidelines for participation:
- Wear blue! We have a limited amount of CFT t-shirts we ordered but you may wear any blue shirt you’d like.
- Keep your camera ON! The whole point is being visible and to demonstrate that we, the Guild, are watching!
- Be a silent guest. If you have questions before or after the meeting, please email Mike Scott, our Budget Committee representative for the Guild. He has a wealth of knowledge and can bring forth your questions or concerns to the committee.
Flyer in text format:
Announcing the kick-off of the Budgeting Accountability Campaign
Join Guild Leadership for the return of Budget Committee meetings! Wear blue, keep your camera on, and help show our strength in numbers!
- Learn what the committee does
- Listen to what’s being presented
Please be a courteous guest and send your questions before or after the meeting to Guild Budget Representative, Mike Scott at email@example.com
Since you will be reading this as the semester is ending, I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season with loved ones and that you all find ways in which to relax and rejuvenate so that you can find ways to become more involved with our Guild.
Glendale Community College | 1500 North Verdugo Road, Glendale, California 91208 | Tel: 818.240.1000
GCC Home © 2023 - Glendale Community College. All Rights Reserved.